Can it be possible that we are already in June 2012? It’s been an exhilarating and exhausting 5 months. After a little bit of self-reflection I arrived at the following conclusions:
- Turning 30 did not revolutionize me until I realized that I was coasting along in certain areas of my life. Recently, I had been feeling like the shadow of my former self. Then I said it out loud and with that realized that I was clinging to an old idea of myself instead of embracing new (more challenging) realities.
- Being a wife, puppy mama, social entrepreneur, sherpa to young innovators, full-time Torontonian (although naturally I miss the Peg) and dedicated citizen has changed me. I am unequivocally driven.
- Asking for what I want is my new favourite thing. If you don’t ask, you won’t get.
- My low-stress attitude to often ridiculously annoying issues has surprised me. I give myself permission to freak-out once a week…but then it’s done. If I have enough time to get upset and complain, then I have enough time to actually do something about it.
- Most of the work one does in a lifetime is inevitably “thankless”. It is often efforts that go unnoticed or time that may never be respected. We all do it. And no one is above it.
- If the wind will not serve, take to the oars. This is my new mantra.